The APS 10 S4S is designed to deliver maximum performance in a sealed enclosure with ultra - compact volumes, from 10 lt. to 12 lt. The dual voice - coil and single voice coil versions feature push connectors for ease of wiring and configurations. Prima subwoofer components have been developed with a primary goal: to deliver high output in tight spaces. Output is a matter of excursion; the more air the cone moves, the more output. However reduced mounting depth traditionally has meant low excursion. Prima subwoofers employ a special cone - dust cap - basket geometry which guarantees large excursion of the mobile group, while keeping the mounting depth to a minimum. The surround and spider have been carefully designed to prevent the rocking - mode phenomenon. The cooling circuit has been designed with air vents on the basket underneath the spider, eliminating the need for vents on the bottom - plate. This allows the subwoofer to be mounted close to the back wall of the enclosure, making the most of the reduced mounting depth.Features
- Ultra - low profile (4.7 in. / 120 mm) for maximum installation flexibility.
- Designed to deliver maximum performance in a sealed enclosure starting from 10 lt.
- Special designed cone - dust cap - basket geometry which guarantees a long linear excursion capability (11 mm, one - way) while keeping the mounting depth to minimum.
- Air vents on the basket underneath the spider, eliminating the need for the central pole vent allowing mounting close to rear wall of enclosure.
- Massive motor assembly, optimized with FEM (Finite Element Modelling) for perfect control under high power, high excursion conditions.
- Water - repellent pressed paper 10 in. cone, featuring a profile developed with FEM simulation and optimized with the Klippel Scan Vibrometer.
- Single Voice Coil design specifically developed to be combined with either AP8.9 bit (2 CH bridged), APF8.9bit (2 CH Bridged)
- Steel mesh grille and plastic gasket included